November is the perfect time to winterize your car. It is the calm before the storm, so to speak, as the holidays -- Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years -- are quickly approaching. Before the holiday hecticness, bring your vehicle to our shop for an inspection, and we will make sure your car is ready to face whatever Mother Nature throws our way this winter in Littleton, CO:
Here is how we plan to winterize your vehicle:
- Whenever someone thinks of auto repair, they can’t help but think of an oil change. Even though an oil change is well-known, you may be surprised to learn how many people put this service off. When the temperature drops, your oil automatically thickens. If your oil is especially gunky or dirty, this thickening can be much more detrimental to your engine. Your oil won’t do its job -- lubricate your engine.
- Your windshield wipers are your first line of defense against the elements. Imagine you are caught in a snow storm, and your windshield wipers aren’t working. The team at South Park Tire & Auto will inspect your windshield wipers to ensure they are ready for anything and everything.
- Cold weather can also take a toll on your battery. The last thing we would want is for you to be late for work, and you find your car not starting. When you bring your car to our shop, we will make sure your battery is in tip-top shape. If not, we can perform a battery replacement.
- Whenever the temperature drops ten degrees, the pressure in your tires lose one pound per inch. When your tires are not properly inflated, they won’t have enough traction on these icy roads.
- Your vehicle also needs the right mixture of antifreeze and coolant, or this liquid could freeze and rupture numerous hoses.
Schedule an appointment for an inspection today, and we will make sure your vehicle is ready for Littleton’s winter! We are conveniently located at 8081 South Broadway, Littleton, CO 80122. We’re open Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM through 6:00 PM.