Summer can certainly take a toll on your vehicle. Just like how you have to break out your bathing suit, generously apply your sunscreen, and drink plenty of water, your vehicle also needs a little extra TLC. Without proper maintenance, your vehicle will be prone to overheating, since it will be working extra hard in the scorching summer heat.
The team at South Park Tire & Auto Center recommends these maintenance services to ensure your vehicle doesn’t overheat in the summer:
- Your vehicle will need an oil service. Your vehicle’s oil keeps your engine lubricated, which will reduce friction and any heat buildup in your engine. Because of high temperatures, your vehicle is more likely to overheat in the summer, so your oil is even more crucial in providing that essential lubrication.
- While you are at, make sure all your fluids are inspected. In fact, all the fluids in your vehicle play an important role in keeping your vehicle cool and comfortable in the summertime, including your coolant. Your coolant removes any excess heat through th the radiator.
- Don’t forget about your tires! Your tire pressure fluctuates with the weather. In cold weather, your tire pressure will drop, and in hot weather, your tire pressure will increase. In extreme cases, hot roads can intensify the build up of heat in your tires and cause weak tires to weaken at even a faster rate.
- A technician should take a look at your radiator. A winter full of salted roads can corrode your radiator’s core, which can lead to leakage and then an overheated engine.
- It is also important for a technician to examine your battery. Hot weather causes your battery fluid to evaporate, which can cause corrosion. A dead battery can be an inconvenience, and the team at South Park Tire & Auto Center wants you stay stress-free.
- Last but not least, make sure your air conditioning system is working! Driving around in a hot car, while you are just sweltering, is one of the most uncomfortable feelings, and it can all be prevented with a simple A/C inspection.
Schedule an appointment at South Park Tire & Auto with our technicians, and we will make sure your vehicle is ready to withstand the summer heat! We are conveniently located at 8081 South Broadway, Littleton, CO 80122.