With summer upon us, you probably have a road trip or two planned soon. At South Park Tire & Auto Center, we always want to be as prepared as possible. Being far away from home can be dangerous, especially when you’re not familiar with the roads. Before you hit the road for your next trip, it is important that you pack some road trip essentials.
Having helpful items on hand during emergency situations, accidents, or breakdowns can make things more settled. Below are some of the items you should pack on your next trip.
- Jumper cables - To restore your battery charge when it gets drained
- A spare tire and tire changing tools - You never know when you might hit a nail or another sharp object that can pop your tire. This will come in handy if that happens.
- A first aid kit - If you get a cut or other injury on the road, this is a must!
- Lots of water and non-perishable food - These will keep you and your passengers hydrated and fed.
- A phone charger - You’re going to need a working phone in case you need to call for roadside assistance.
- Important documents - These include your driver’s license, registration, and any warranty information.
- Paper map - Just in case your phone dies or stops working!
- Flashlight - This will help you out when you need to check under the hood when it is dark out.
- Backup oil, coolant, windshield washer fluid, and other fluids
Of course, the safest and surest way to ensure your car is road-ready for a long road trip is by taking it to our shop for a pre-trip inspection. Our technicians will check your tires, fluids, brakes, transmission, engine, and more so that you can confidently drive to your destination.
You should not risk a vehicle breakdown on a much-needed getaway. Please call or visit South Park Tire & Auto Center for a reliable pre-trip inspection today.