It's officially Fall here in Littleton, CO, which means you might see the leaves change colors, the temperature lowering, and the sun setting sooner. You may not realize it, but these changes may have an adverse effect on your drive. To ensure you can enjoy the season while safely driving around, you should consider taking your car to South Park Tire & Auto Center for a fall inspection. There are five specific items that you should thoroughly inspect in the autumn:
- Battery - If you have a weak or drained battery, you won't be able to get to where you need to go. Your battery connections need to be secured, clean, and corrosion-free to ensure you have strong car starts. Our techs can test your battery at our shop and let you know if it can still hold an adequate charge. If not, you may need to get a battery replacement.
- Air Filters - Most people forget about replacing their air filters all the time. And we're not referring to the engine filter. Many automobiles have a cabin air filter to ensure the air you breathe in your car is clean and pure. Filters are not very hard to restore, but if you need help, our team's got your back!
- Tires - There are many steps when it comes to tire maintenance. You should check your tires' tread depth and pressure every month, not just at the start of Fall. As you may already know, you can use the 'penny' test to measure your tire's tread depth easily. If it fails, it simply means you need new tires. Furthermore, you need to measure your pressure with a pressure gauge. You can look on the driver's door frame sticker or your owner's manual for the factory-recommended psi.
- Brakes - ALL your brake system parts must be in working order, including your brake pads, fluid, and rotor. Healthy brakes are crucial to your safety this season!
- Windshield Wipers and Lights - With all the weather changes, you will need to see clearly and make yourself visible to others. Please make sure your wipers are effective at clearing rain or snow. Additionally, it would be wise to do a walk-around to test your vehicle lights.
We highly advise that you check these five essential items at the start of the season. If you need any assistance in inspecting these parts, we welcome you to South Park Tire & Auto Center today.