Halloween is supposed to be scary for all the right reasons -- the creepy goblins, spooky ghosts, and manic monsters -- not for the unusual sounds emanating from your engine. If you are hearing any of these sounds, you can think of it as your engine’s cry for help. There is no reason to stress; instead, simply bring your vehicle to South Park Tire & Auto in Littleton.
Here are some scary sounds that mean it’s time for a service:
- Any sound you hear when you turn around a corner.
- An unusual flapping sound.
- If your car has a manual transmission, and you hear a grinding noise when you change gears.
- Hissing or sizzling coming from under your hood.
- A knocking sound originating from your engine.
- Loud bangs.
- Humming sounds coming from underneath your car.
- Rattling noises from under your vehicle.
- Your vehicle starts to roar when you accelerate.
- Your vehicle starts to make squealing noises when you accelerate.
- You press on the brakes, and you hear squealing noises.
- You step on the brakes, and you hear scraping or grinding when applying the brakes.
- You hear an odd clicking or tapping noise from your engine.
- Whining coming from anywhere on your vehicle.
- Unusual noise when you turn your vehicle off.
We hope your Halloween is spooky and scary, but not for car problems. Schedule an appointment for an inspection today, if you are hearing any of the sounds listed above. We are conveniently located at 8081 South Broadway, Littleton, CO 80122. We’re open Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM through 6:00 PM.