Just like how you have to stay hydrated, your vehicle does too! We acknowledge that it can even be a challenge for us to remember to drink liquids. Fortunately, the team at South Park Tire & Auto is here to help you remember to keep your vehicle hydrated. Certain fluids in your car need to stay performing in tip-top shape, including your engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, and brake fluid.
The South Park Tire & Auto team strives to ensure your vehicle’s longevity, driveability, and performance. Here is why each fluid is important:
- Engine oil: we all heard of an oil change, but you would be surprised to learn how many people actually forget about this vital service. Your engine is comprised of various components -- oil provides lubrication to all those moving parts and reduces friction. Without oil in your vehicle or even dirty oil, your engine will wear down much quicker.
- Transmission oil: your transmission oil keeps your vehicle’s gears moving. If you would like to get from point A to be point B, you need transmission fluid. Transmission fluid actually is supposed to be red, but if it starts to get a little brown or starts to smell like it is burning, it is time to visit the technicians at South Park Tire & Auto.
- Coolant: your coolant is responsible for keeping your engine running at the optimal temperature. If your coolant levels are low, your engine is at risk of overheating. Typically, a qualified technician should check your coolant levels every 6 months, usually before winter and then before summer.
- Brake fluid: your brakes are essential to your overall safety. If you like your car to stop, then brake fluid is an absolute must. If something doesn’t seem right with your brakes, your brake fluid should be one of the components checked in your engine.
- Power steering fluid: Your steering system is also essential to your safety. If you hear a creaking sound or any other odd noise when steering, your power steering fluid may be running low and need to be replaced.
Together, we can keep your vehicle performing in pristine condition. One of the first steps is taking a look at our fluid levels, and the team at South Park Tire & Auto is here to help. Schedule an appointment at South Park Tire & Auto with our technicians. We are conveniently located at 8081 South Broadway, Littleton, CO 80122.