Your safety is our top priority. Unfortunately, car accidents are among the leading causes of death in the United States, with alarmingly high statistics. However, many of these accidents are easily preventable with simple tips and tricks.
At South Park Tire & Auto, you and your family’s safety are of utmost importance, which is why we have compiled five ways to help you avoid a car accident:
- Don’t forget to drive defensively! Driving defensively means keeping your complete awareness on the road and anticipating any traffic flow changes. Keep a close eye out for any pedestrians too!
- Stay at or under the speed limit. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that speeding is the third most common contributing factor in car accidents.
- Remain alert at all times and eliminate any distractions. As we get older and become more experienced drivers, it is easy to think we are almost invincible and can send that quick text or answer that phone call without a hands-free set-up. However, we must remain vigilant and know that your vehicle is the last place you want to be distracted and multitasking.
- Make sure your windshield wipers and lights receive the TLC they need. Imagine you are driving on a rainy night, and your windshield wipers and lights aren’t working. Your safety will be automatically compromised. The team at South Park Tire & Auto can quickly and effectively take a look at your windshield wipers and lights to make sure they are ready to go.
- Stay up-to-date with preventative maintenance. A well-maintained car means a safer vehicle. Not only will your vehicle drive safer and smoother if maintained properly, but it will also last longer too.
The team at South Park Tire & Auto believes it is always better to be safe than sorry. Schedule an appointment at South Park Tire & Auto with our technicians for an inspection. We are conveniently located at 8081 South Broadway, Littleton, CO 80122.