Time flies by and it is officially Fall. When we think of Autumn, we think of falling leaves, hot chocolate, and pumpkins, but it is also a perfect time to take care of your vehicle. Fall is an excellent time to start preparing for winter, as many of us will drive in wet, snowy, or chilly weather this autumn. To prepare for the upcoming weather changes, the team at South Park Tire & Auto has compiled areas of your vehicle that need a little extra TLC:
- Don’t forget about your tire pressure! Our technicians certainly have not! Tires can actually lose one pound of pressure for every 10 degrees of Fahrenheit. During autumn, the temperatures begin to make their descent, so right now is an excellent time to have your tire pressure inspected by our team.
- Think about making the switch to winter tires! Once your temperature drops below 45 degrees Fahrenheit, your tire’s ability to grip the road quickly decreases, especially if that tire is all-season. If you are dealing with slush, ice, and snow regularly, it might be smart to switch to winter tires. The team at South Park Tire & Auto can help you decide if that choice is right for you.
- Your brakes are necessary for the health and safety of your vehicle. When driving in colder weather, even on fall leaves, your brakes need to be performing correctly and in tip-top shape. Our technicians will inspect your brake linings, rotors, and drums.
- It is time to charge that battery! Colder weather can be hard on batteries, so it is essential a qualified technician inspects your battery to ensure they can perform in proper condition.
- Last but not least, our technicians will examine your heater, defroster, and wiper blades, along with your headlights and tail lights. When it comes to auto repair, the little things do matter! We don’t want you to go cold this winter, and we want to make sure you can see the road, along with other drivers seeing you.
Show how thankful you are for your vehicle this holiday season, and bring your vehicle to our technicians for a thorough inspection designed to keep them ready for fall and get them ready for winter. Schedule an appointment at South Park Tire & Auto with our technicians, and we will make sure your vehicle is ready to go for this spooky season! We are conveniently located at 8081 South Broadway, Littleton, CO 80122.